Neck pain affects over 30% of adults in any given year. But while the occasional stiffness may be standard, chronic neck pain that doesn’t go away can significantly impact your quality of life. The surprising truth is that many of our everyday activities contribute to this unending pain without us even realizing it.
Some of the leading ones include:
- Poor Posture.
- A Sedentary Lifestyle.
- Strenuous Physical Activity.
- Mental Stress.
- Poor Sleeping Habits.
If you relate to any of these lifestyle choices, you can still turn the tide by making some simple lifestyle changes to alleviate chronic neck pain. Consider making the following tips part of your everyday routine:
- Ensure all your screens are at eye level to maintain proper posture.
- Take frequent breaks in between work or rest to walk around.
- Get your body moving daily with simple exercises like walking, swimming, or yoga.
- Listen to your body whenever you’re working out and avoid “powering through” neck pain.
- Practice relaxation techniques like deep breathing and meditation to relieve tension.
- Always sleep on your back. Also, consider using contoured orthopedic pillows for your head.
We understand that making some of these modifications can be challenging initially, but they are the surest way to stop chronic neck pain from limiting you.
At Encompass Chiropractic Centers, we offer a holistic approach to treating chronic neck pain, regardless of whether it’s accidental or lifestyle-induced. In addition to our physical therapy services, we emphasize treating the underlying causes of the pain to prevent it from recurring. Don’t live with chronic neck pain; take control of it. We have multiple locations to serve you, so call us today to schedule a consultation – your neck will thank you!